Ministry of Education, Youth, Social Development, Gender Affairs, Aging and Disabilities
Meet the Honorable Dr. Geoffrey Ian Hanley, Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Education, Youth, Social Development, Gender Affairs, Aging, and Disabilities.
Dr. Hanley is a Family Man, Supportive Husband, a doting Father, and a deeply rooted community man, and an activist for people, especially youth and the elderly. Married to Adaeze Hanley for 20 years, he is the proud father of 3 beautiful children.
Geoffrey received his foundational education at the Newtown Primary, the Maurice Hillier Memorial Junior School, and the Basseterre Junior and the Basseterre High Schools.
Throughout his schooling, he demonstrated a love for people and service. From an early age, he was actively involved in working for others. He was very involved in the Boys’ Scouts, as well as his faith community where he was as an acolyte, a choir member, and a Sunday School Teacher.
After graduating high school, Geoffrey found employment as a teacher and pursued professional training through the Division of Teacher Education at the College of Further Education (now Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College). …. Full Biography
Ministries & Departments
- Secretariat of the Ministry of Education
- Early Education
- Education Department
- Non-Formal Youth Skills Department
- Advanced Vocational Education Center (AVEC)
- Secretariat of the Ministry of Youth
- Department of Youth Affairs
- Ministry of Social Development, Community and Gender affairs
- Elderly Services Unit
- Crisis Intervention Unit
- Disabilities Unit
- Probation and Child Welfare Unit
- Child Protection Services
- ging and Disability
- Ecclesiastical and Faith-Based Affairs
- Secretariat for National Housing and Human Settlement
The Cable Building
Tel. No: (869) 467-1112 / 1107
Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Youth, Social Development, Gender Affairs, Aging and Disabilities
Mrs. Lisa Pistanna
Telephone:1 (869) 467 1109